How we use information (The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Notice)
This privacy notice says how Speakup uses and protects any information that you give when you use this website.
Speakup is committed to making sure that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to give us any personal information when using this website, then you can be sure that it will only be used in the way we tell you below.
Speakup may change this from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to make sure that you are happy with any changes. This starts from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• Things about you such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information we might get from surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we collect
We need this information to understand your needs and give you with a better service, and:
• For our records.
• To make our products and services better.
• Sending emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have given us.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to ask you questions. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to make our website better for you.
We will make sure that your information is safe. So we can stop people who should not use it from seeing your data, we have good plans and equipment to make sure the information we collect online is safe.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps look at web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow websites to respond to you as an individual. The web application can change the way it looks or how it works to suit your needs, likes and dislikes by remembering the information about your preferences.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by helping us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. So we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide when you leave our website. You should be careful and look at the privacy statement on the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to change the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to say that you do not want the information to be used by anybody else
• if you have agreed to us using your personal information before, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below or emailing us at GDPR@speakup.org.uk
We will not sell, send or lend your personal information to other people unless we have your permission or have to by law. We may use your personal information to tell you about other organisations which might help you or be interesting to you.
You can ask to see details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We might ask you to pay a small fee for this. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Speakup Self Advocacy Limited, Galax, Fitzwilliam Road, Eastwood Trading Estate, Rotherham, S65 1SL.
If you think that any information we are holding on you is not right, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will correct any information as soon as we can.